Saturday, November 3, 2012

How in the world did I get here?

That is a question that I've been asking myself a lot lately.  For those of you who have followed previous blogs of mine you will find that this is Number Four in what appears to be an ongoing addition to my blog family.  I've decided to move into the Age of Blogs in a wholehearted way and as soon as I figure out how to add links, photos, etc I will be adding them to this, my latest, blog, which will be about the making of a new home for me and my family.

When last we chatted I had been bemoaning my recent/ongoing divorce woes and was pondering what to do next; I realized that I could do whatever the hell I wanted to do. And that is a very empowering feeling.  The time between that realization and today has been almost two and a half years and I'm not going to kid you at all- there have been stretches of time where I was feeling completely alone and quite overwhelmed with what life handed me, but I also decided to take it all one day at a time and as I look back on the last few years I realize that I have grown and moved on in a very positive way. I had to do such things as get my youngest graduated from high school, sell various marital assets, and divest myself of the familial homestead.   And I'm quite happy to say that all that, plus a bit more, has been done. And so I am on my way.

As I write this I am sitting in an extended stay hotel in the megalopolis known as The Greater Phoenix Area, waiting to hear word on a closing date for my new home. It is taking a bit longer than normal because I found a house that is a short sale and even though the price was already set by the bank they are taking their sweet time in getting back to me with the approval and closing date. And the walls of this hotel are closing in fast. But never fear- I am not alone. Oh no, not at all. At my feet is my ever trusty Sage the Newfie. She has made the 2400 mile trip with me, as has my new man. We have been together almost a year, after knowing each other for ten years beforehand, and have made this journey as our own family. For the first time in quite a long time it feels wonderful to have a significant other in my life. And to actually look forward to having a home with someone once again. Stay tuned- I'll let you know how it all plays out.

What I have left behind-
sunrise from the deck of my old home...
My new Arizona sunsets...

No comments:

Post a Comment